Design System Engineer 11
My client is a and they need an engineer responsible for the coordination and technical leadership of electronic hardware strategies and the electrical design and development of customer products. Growth focus is systems engineering, leading electrical and mechanical design team as well as test engineering to ensure customer requirements are met.
In this position you will (with management direction) Design and Document electronic hardware for customer products and related electronics, to meet both the customers’ requirements and manufacturing requirements. You will provide assistance to the Mechanical Design, PCB Design, Functional Test and ICT test for product, test and tooling development…Also, you will:
• Perform evaluationtions of quality measurements on electronic designs in accordance with a verification plan
• Creates documentation related to an electronic design project
• Contacts and works with hardware, software and equipment vendors
• Follows project plan; Report project status to leadership
• Assists in project proposals and associated cost estimates
• Participates in the R&D of development of advanced/new technologies, new design methods and tools
• Assists with Design for Excellence (DFX) reviews and creates necessary documentation as well as an understanding of DFX philosophy with customers
• Communicates with customer technical personnel regarding technical issues
Works with Sustaining Engineering (product, process, test and quality) to develop products that leverage manufacturing and test processes
•Provide requirements-based analysis, functional allocation, basic architecture, system interfaces, system behavior, data structure, and system verification and validation support to the development team.
• Helps promote standardization and reuse of design building blocks across programs and products.
Designs and documents electronic hardware for customer products, and related electronics, to meet both the customers’ requirements and internal manufacturing requirements
•Provides assistance and interacts with Mechanical Design, PCB Design, Functional Test and In-Circuit Test for product, test and tooling development
•Deploys processes and systems within the workgroup
• Develops project proposals and associate cost estimates
• • Works with customers to understand customer requirements regarding a product design
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
4 years Engineering or Technical degree (EE or ME) preferred or equivalent in electronic manufacturing
• Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship (ITAR/EAR facility)